Why are some people successful and others are always striving for success? It cannot be completely left upon destiny.
One of the prominent factors that contribute to people not reaching goals is a severe misbalance in their lifestyle and daily activities.
Discipline is not a habit. It’s a form of lifestyle!
Small habits that form our daily routine are essential to follow. These can include very simple things such as getting up on time, drinking water regularly, check our calorie intake, keep a track of sleep regime etc.
Although we blame technology for spoiling our lifestyle, it is an inseparable part of our lives.
The dependency we have on technology is not only inevitable but also very practical. It is a part of evolution and makes things convenient.
So why not take technology in our stride and embrace it?
When technology is inculcated in our daily routine to bring out efficiency, this lethal combination could change our life to become more productive.
Therefore, we went and searched some applications that help us track our daily routine for a healthy lifestyle. So, I have cumulated a list of 11 apps that would help all of us to instill productive routine to lead a better and wholesome lifestyle.
Applications for Goal tracking
Want to get serious about achieving your dreams?
A goal tracking app might be just what you need.
If you struggle with maintaining enough self-discipline all on your own to stick to your goals, a goal tracker might be of your assistance.
Nozbe is basically a task management system. It helps you track all the goals, habits, to-do lists, and daily tasks.
This application helps you set your goal as a project and then set habits, milestones and tasks to be accomplished daily. It comes with multi-user support built in along with full integration with Evernote and Dropbox.
Want to know more about the best task management app?
Check it out onNozbe’s website.
- Setting a goal as a project helps them achieve in a better manner
- A very responsive development team
- Multiuser support built-in
- Robust application in comparison to others
- Difficult to learn
- Lack of features found on other applications
This application for goal setting works a bit differently. It allows you to record the goal, purpose (that includes key motivation), start date, end date, metrics, sub-goals, habits, plans to achieve, etc.
Our brain functions hierarchically. It thinks in a certain manner. That is exactly how this application also functions.
GoalsOnTrack syncs with Google calendar and Outlook. This also enables to create personal goal templates. But people looking for an attractive and striking interface might be disappointed.
Want to know more about the best goal setting app?
Check it out onGoalsOnTrack website.
- Works exactly as brain thinks
- Can be synced with Google calendar and Outlook
- Enables us to create goal templates
- Easy to use
- Falls short on aesthetics
- Requires design overhaul
Applications to track sleep pattern
We all wish for a good night’s sleep.
The key to getting there is a mix of good sleep habits and understanding the things that keep you from getting it. That’s where sleep tracker apps come into play.
Sleep cycle alarm clock:
This application wakes you up when your sleep is the lightest. This sleep tracker app runs on an algorithm that records the percentage of sleep quality and also the average amount of time in bed.
It would also let you know which night you slept the least. This app uses your phone’s accelerometer to track sleep phases. This helps it to wake you up when the sleep is light.
Want to know more about this amazing sleep monitoring app?
Check it out on theSleep Cycle alarm clock website.
- Unique application that runs on accelerometer
- Focusses on sleep quality
- Runs on both iOS and Android
- The application is not free. It costs 99 cents.
- There might be some distortions in the sleep graph if the phone is kept away from the body.
This sleep tracker is also made to test the quality of your sleep. But this app does it by recording audio clips of when a person snores or moves in the middle of the night.
MotionX-24/7 also provides the view of your light sleep, deep sleep, a total amount of sleep time etc. It also plays music to auto fade while you fall asleep.
Essentially, MotionX helps us in waking up at the correct time, stay refreshed the entire day and also be active.
Want to know more about this unique sleep tracker app?
Check it out on theMotionX website.
- Records audio clips of snoring. This determines the quality of sleep.
- Provides a record of light sleep as well as deep sleep.
- Plays music in order to make you fall asleep.
- Runs only on iOS. Not compatible with any other platform.
- The application is not free. They charge a minimum subscription fee for usage.
Applications to track daily water intake
Looking to stay fit and be healthy? Drinking water is a great way to start!
Staying hydrated is the key to feeling alert, both physically and mentally. Getting the right amount of H20 helps your body to perform well.
Water drinking reminder apps let you stay hydrated and allows you to track your water intake progree to see how far you have hydrated your body.
It is one of the best applications to measure water intake. First, you need to feed in the basic required information such as gender, age, weight, exercise, schedule etc.
Later, this application would set you a target of how many glasses of water you should be consuming per day.
iDrated goes a step further in determining how hydrated your body is at a particular time in the day. It even keeps the record of the last time you had water and tells you when you are due next.
Additionally, it gives you a complete report card of how you are performing when it comes to meeting the water drinking requirements.
- Sets you a target according to information given.
- Determines how hydrated your body is.
- Completely free of cost.
- Amazing customer reviews.
- It runs only on iOS.
Eight glasses a day:
This application helps you keep a track of daily water intake in form of a challenge. There are virtual glasses displayed on the application. Whenever you drink a glass of water, simply touch the virtual glass that would empty itself.
Empty all the virtual glasses in a day by actually drinking glasses of water. When you finish the task, you receive a ‘tip of the day’. You can customize the number of virtual water glasses to be displayed between 1-12 per day.
At midnight, app refills all the virtual glasses and the cycle has to be repeated again.
- A fun way to track your daily water intake.
- Virtual glasses displayed gives you the motivation to complete the task.
- Tip of the day proves to be extremely useful considering your hydration requirements.
- The application is only compatible with iOS.
- You need to pay $0.99 to purchase Eight Glasses a Day app.
Applications to track calories and download recipes
Wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to worry about what to make your family for dinner? Or how many calories you have left until you’ve reached your limit for the day?
It can be tough to get a firm hold on meal planning and calorie counting!
Have a smartphone? You are sorted!
There are many calorie calculators and healthy eating apps to make such tasks a lot easier.
My Fitness Pal:
This app is considered to be one of the best fitness apps where the purpose of calorie intake is concerned. The fitness tracker app gives you an estimate of a number of calories to be consumed in a day according to your weight and dietary requirements.
It contains a well-designed food diary and exercises log.
The calorie tracker app shows how many calories you have consumed in a day, how many calories you can still consume and also how many calories are burned during the day.
This app gets synced with any other exercising app you are using to keep a track on calories burned.
My fitness pal keeps a track on your progress and has an inbuilt chat forum that allows you to chat with fellow users about their progress, diet foods, various recipes etc.
Furthermore, it also provides a bar-scanner feature. It would instantly provide you with the nutritional information of some of the packaged foods. lastly, my fitness pal also tracks the progress in form of pie charts, graphs making it easy and visually enticing.
This top fitness app works on almost all the operating systems. The basic version is free, but to access some of the features you would have to shell out $49.99/year.
Want to know more about the best calorie counter app?
Check it out on theMy Fitness Pal website.
- This app has the largest database available when it comes to diet tracking.
- Tracks progress in pie-charts and graphs.
- Can be synced seamlessly with other apps.
- Inbuilt chat system to chat with fellow users.
- Works on all operating system.
- Though the basic version is free, the premium version is costly at $49.99/year.
- It usually tracks calorie intake for an average human being. If you are prone to some illness or have some special dietary requirements, this might not be useful to you.
This calorie counter application tracks calories based on your weight, height, age, and goals to be achieved. It gives you personal recommendations and counts calories on a homepage.
Lose it has an extensive food database that allows you to note down recipes according to your set goals. This app also provides the feature of the barcode scanner for extracting information about packaged foods.
Another interesting feature about the application is that it has an active chat community called ‘challenges’. You can set daily, weekly and monthly challenges with fellow users and share your accomplishments.
Want to know more about this cool food calorie counter?
Check it out on the Lose It website.
- Tracks calories on the homepage for easy visibility.
- Extensive database for variations in recipes.
- Barcode scanner feature for packaged foods.
- ‘Challenges’ feature motivates to accomplish a task.
- Navigation is a bit cluttered.
- Premium version of an application is costly at $39.99/year.
- Difficult to calculate the nutritional value of home-cooked meals.
Applications for exercises
Why pay for a trainer when you can download one right on your smartphone?
Whether you are trying to get those six-pack abs or just want to be healthier, there are workout apps made just for you!
Make your body festive ready by finding a great workout partner on your phone.
The heart rate monitor app gives you hardcore accurate facts about your fitness level, workouts and heartbeat rate. This digifit app gets paired up with any heart rate monitors and tracks your runs, bicycle rides, workout sessions etc. with the support.
This not only tracks your heart rate, but also the amount of distance covered, pace and time took to cover the distance.
To make full use of the heart rate tracker application, you would need a heart rate monitor that would cost around $50-$100.
- Gives you extremely accurate figures about heart rate, pace and distance covered.
- User-friendly interface and high on aesthetics.
- The application runs on both Android and iOS.
- Totally free to download the application.
- Requires an initial investment of $50-$100 to purchase a heart rate monitor to pair it with an application.
It is said that there is nothing satisfying than a workout. I disagree.
Workout with music is far more satisfying. This workout radio application is a music streaming app that contains DJ created mixes that help to maintain a consistent beat.
It is fit for every workout, be it Zumba, Yoga, Spin, or simply a bicycle ride. You can browse through genre and remixes according to your preferences.
It also has set playlists that save the effort of the users to create their own playlists. The fitness radio app can be downloaded for free but it will only have 1 genre of music, several mixes, and limited content.
A premium membership gets you more than 25 genres and stations, access to more mixes, unlimited skips, tracklist information, the ability to save favorites, DJ profiles, and no ads. Premium membership costs $3.99 per month, $27.99 for the year, or $79.99 for a lifetime.
Want to know more about this top-rated workout music app?
Check it out on theFit Radio website.
- Gets you energized for your workouts due to its musical nature.
- An extensive collection of various genres to explore.
- Perfect for every workout.
- Works on all the platforms.
- Premium version is not free.
- Does not give information on calories, distance covered, heart rate etc.
Applications to keep a track on expenses
Money is one of the essentials when it comes to surviving in this age. It is necessary to manage money very efficiently. However, keeping track of your expenses can be a hassle.
Thanks to expense tracker app, you can now stay on top of your finances as you go along!
This expense tracking app helps you keep a track by type, month and even location based. It gives free access to credit scores and protection from data breaches. It is considered to be one of the simplest applications to keep a track on finances.
The expense manager app allows keeping all accounts and balances together at one single place. Every transaction can be prioritized for review, be it bank, cash, or card. Slot it according to your convenience and customize it according to your need.
If you want to add extensions such as credit monitoring and identity theft insurance, it would cost you $83.88/year.
- Simple interface for better understanding.
- Allow us to review all the transactions at one single place.
- Custom designs available according to the preference.
- Premium version might come across as a bit costly at $83.99/year.
How did you find our compiled list of applications that would help you to lead a better lifestyle?
Dependency on technology for such purposes shouldn’t be a matter of serious concern. If it makes your life easier, why not exploit it?
Tell us in the comments below which apps do you use to regulate your routine and we will add them in the article.